Saturday, October 22, 2011

Ponderings of a Hopeless Not-So-Romantic

Open blog posts aren't very good for those who are the anti-creative, such as ME.

So I have no idea what to write about for this blog. My life currently lacks every kind of excitement, besides the fact that auditions for my favorite musical EVER are right around the corner, so there's nothing really to write about.

I have been pondering something lately, though :)

Last weekend, when I probably should have been doing homework or practicing voice or something equally productive, I watched the Disney movie Pocahontas. Throughout the progression of the sappy, yet sweet, romance between John Smith and Pocahontas, I was starting to feel a little glum about my own love life. That, like the rest of my life at the moment, is sadly stagnant.

And then I realized how unrealistic it is how all of these Disney princesses have their "true loves" walk conveniently into their lives without any female intervention whatsoever. While I watch these movies, I always think, "Aww, that's SO cute. I wish things happened exactly like that in my life."

This makes me so sad, because I know it won't. My "Prince Charming," however hackneyed the term may be, won't magically turn up out of nowhere. I'll probably have to put in effort on my end to make that guy like me enough to enter a serious relationship with me. I wouldn't be angry about that if I eventually got what I wanted, but Disney plants these ideas in the heads of girls everywhere, making them desire to have a guy sweep them off their feet.

 It'd be nice if Disney put a realistic romance in one of their movies for once. Not saying that I don't LOVE Disney movies, but every time I watch them, I always wish that my life could be that way, even though I know it won't.

Which is weird, because I'm not a romantic person at all.
I'll still watch Disney movies, though. They're SO addicting, and heighten my hopes for other things about the world. They make me hope that chivalry is not dead, that love can actually bloom in a short amount of time, and somewhere out there, there is a "Prince Charming" for everyone.





No comments:

Post a Comment